Images and results produced in various applications with Neurite Outgrowth
Neurite Outgrowth makes it possible for the user to acquire images of several sizes in order to measure these cultures, all thanks to simple, intuitive and efficient technologies.This software facilitates two types of experiments:
- the follow-up of neuronal growth which leaves either a primary ganglion or
- a culture of neurons.
Various types of measurements are available:In the case of a primary ganglion:
- the surface of the ganglion,
- the total surface of explant,
- the overall length of the skeleton,
- the number of nodes and terminations,
- optical density of the neural network…
In the case of a culture of neurons:
- the number and the surface of the nucleus (NbN),
- the overall length of the skeleton of the neural network (LT),
- the number of nodes,
- the LT/NbN ratio…
All measurements can be saved in a spreadsheet compatible with MS Excel.The software is compatible with any research-standard inverted microscope and the majority scientific cameras.
Images and results produced in various applications with Cell Plate
Cell Plate is complete software for quantification of cell cultures. It is composed of two modules: Plate Designer & Plate Analyzer.
This module makes it possible to define, in an interactive and simple way, the type of plates used (from 6 to 384 wells) and the position of the wells.
Plates are read after having defined the type of analysis to be carried out by regulating the following parameters:
- type of plates,
- conditions for acquisition of the images
- type of exploration
- measurements to be carried out
- thresholding and classification in 5 categories
- complex image processing
Once defined, the parameters are saved for re-use. The user can then use these protocols to analyze the plate in real time or on previously acquired images. The results are gathered within a spreadsheet compatible with MS Excel. For every measurement, estimated and statistical measurements are applied. This system is adaptable to almost any microscope which allows control of all or some of its peripherals.
Images and results produced in various applications with Comet Assay
The Comet Assay module is designed for Single Cell Gel Electrophoresis (SCGE) analysis commonly referred to as the Comet Assay: it incorporates all the tools needed to characterize nuclei.
Analyses of slides from a given experiment are grouped into a protocol which defines the name, the test compound, its concentration and the date of analysis. An experiment can be performed over several days and can be organized in the form of a directory (created automatically according to the experiment name) in which the analytical protocol, images and results are saved.
Acquisition and calibration
The user can choose from the range of image acquisition tools (color or B&W) and calibration tools (up to 10 objectives). The use of a motorized stage is possible, allowing analysis of the entire exploration zone.
The software automatically detects the locations of the various comets. The user can then validate the different measurements in real time, choose the site for background above and/or below and at any moment can graphically observe the detected head and tail outlines on the image. The user can modify the measurement zone for the comet and the background, as well as the detection parameters. Two types of graphics (2D and 3D profiles) enable the user to better visualize the various intensities and potential saturation.
The results are saved in an MS Excel compatible spreadsheet:
- Comet: surface, DNA quantification.
- Head: surface, radius, % DNA in the head, average gray scale and standard deviation.
- Tail: length, % DNA in the tail, % tail DNA/total DNA.
- Derived parameters: Tail Moment, Olive Tail Moment, Tail Moment Arm, etc. The measurements are then analyzed to generate a series of statistics (mean, number, total, standard deviation, SEM, minimum and maximum).